Tuesday, January 13, 2009

?'s for the mommies

So I have another couple ?'s for the mother's out there.. Ok so Kynlee is 10 months old and I've been debating whether to stop breast feeding or not. I need help! I can't decide what to do. She bites me all the time now with her one little tooth and I'm just getting a little sick of it. I want to just be normal for a while and not be pregnant and not be breast feeding. I was planning on stopping at a year but now I don't know if I should do it sooner. I breast feed morning and night right now and two bottles of formula. I just think Breast is best for her and free! I guess two months of Formula wouldn't be the end of the world.. Everyone that breast fed their babies how long did you do it for? Did you switch to formula when you stopped or vitamin D milk? Also when did you give vitamin D milk at a year or before??? Also.... When did everyone wean the bottle and binkie!???

2 comments:

Ruby said...

I didn't breast feed...but they should be on formula until 1 year. Switch over to Vitamin D milk when she turns 1. Esp. since you're concerned about her weight, keep her on at least formula. As for bottles, switch over to sippy cups at 1 year..you can start working on that now. Binkies, you're preferance. If you can ween her now from them, great..if not, don't worry about it just yet.

Kim said...

I breast fed Madi for the full year. Cassi I went to 10 months...and I just gave her whole milk from then on...she had no problems. My pediatrician said ti would be okay. Elsi e I only nursed for 3 months and Porter is breast and bottle fed. You should just listen to how you feel about it. The sooner you switch the a sippy from binky the better. There are some good transition sippys out there. Elsie still sucks her binky at night and I wish I would have taken it away sooner, cause she has only gotten more and more attached to it. So overall it is all up to you and what you think is best for you and your family. Good luck.